Special Products Services
Axis Global Logistics specializes in the handling and delivery of sensitive, high-value equipment often in support of installation and de-installation projects.
Axis has the experience and the systems in place to handle complex installations which often involve equipment from multiple companies that must be staged and available for installers based on a precise schedule. The company manages installation logistics for clients in the telecommunication, computer, medical and diagnostic fields. Axis also handles direct-to-store installation projects involving store fixtures and other high-value equipment for the retail industry.
Installation Logistics Services:
As part of Axis' installation logistics services, the company will:
- Manage transportation of equipment to the market via fully equipped air ride trailers.
- Select and manage a local warehouse to receive and stage equipment.
- Uncrate and remove packaging materials for inside delivery and pickups.
- Coordinate last mile delivery.
- Coordinate rigging, cranes and over-the-road escorts.
- Monitor deliveries, maintain constant communication with customers and provide POD confirmation as soon as equipment is delivered.
Computer Asset Management:
Axis' special products delivery service also covers computer assets. These assets represent a major financial investment for a company so it is essential that they be properly handled and stored as they are moved from location to location. Axis manages the transportation and warehousing of this sensitive equipment in support of corporate ads, moves and changes. This service includes:
- Equipment pickup. Axis receives a list of the equipment (including model type, serial number and other asset tag information) and picks up by scheduled appointment to avoid attempt charges.
- Chain of custody audit process.
- Packing on-site or at a nearby Axis facility to prevent in-transit damage.
- Storage and inventory management. Customers can check inventory on-line.
- Disbursement of equipment.
Axis' special products delivery service is one component of an overall supply chain solution that the company designs and implements for its customers. Built on global capabilities, industry-leading technology and a leadership team of veteran logistics professionals, this solution rationalizes the supply chain process thus optimizing costs and efficiency.
Please email us at or call 800-568-4901 for more information about Axis' special products delivery service and for a thorough discussion of your needs.